2009年1月8日 星期四

Question to the position paper

1. Paper outlines including the title and 1-3 keywords (e.g., euthanasia, gay and lesbian marriage, animal rights, etc). Do you search information using these keywords? In English or Chinese? Why?

Title: Could Gay be Gay?
Key words: Gay
I do research information through this keyword in both English and Chinese because I think that I could gather more information on the topic by doing so. However, I found mostly English version.



2. 4 full citations (see the previous email for the APA formats) including library and Web sources and their intended audiences (e.g., general, academic, customers, peers and friends, other). Are you satisfied with the quality of these resources? What difficulty do you encounter?

( 1 )
Ideology- Queer Cinema.
Louis Giannetti (1997). Understanding Movies, the eleventh edition, p.483-p.489. New jersey.
Intended audiences: Those who are interested in analyzing movies.
I think that it is quite interesting for it explain the ideology on homosexuality by analyzing the movies through media that we are familiar with.

( 2 )
Gay Genes, Revisited.
LeVay, Tim; Hamer. Scientific American(1994, May), Vol. 270 Issue 5, p44, 6p Abstract: Two pieces of evidence, a structure within the human brain and a genetic link, point to a biological component for male homosexuality [ABSTRACT FROM PUBLISHER] (AN 14327844)
Intended audiences: Academic paper. The author gave out some results of the experiments and tries to convince the readers his point of view.
Difficulties: Some of the concepts in the articles are expressed in the scientific way. Thus, I may feel confused.

( 3 )
Do Gays Have a Choice?
Epstein, Robert. Scientific American Mind, Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p50, 8p Abstract: Science offers a clear and surprising answer to a controversial question [ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR] (AN 23432303)
From http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/pdf?vid=3&hid=3&sid=0ef80f05-7ac0-4011-a81c-1967ab28d5c1%40sessionmgr9
Intended audiences: Academic paper. The author stated different factors in the article that explain the cause of the sexual tendency. He did make his idea clear.

( 4 )
Anonymous (September 7, 2004). Taiwan.
Web Site: http://www.jamessteed.com/gayson/gayson.htm
Intended audiences: General people. The web site contained the explanation of homosexuality so that people may get more information on the topic. By knowing more information, we might have less discrimination among them.

( 5 )
Could Gay be Gay?
Anonymous
Web Site: http://www.youtube.com/v/V1iEpBsNIBU&hl=zh_TW&fs=1
Intended audiences: General people. Through the explanation on the topic, most of people could get to know more about gays/ lesbians ( their thoughts for example).



3. How do you use these sources to support your own argument/opinions or as references for facts? Do you quote some words, phrases, or sentences directly from the original texts or paraphrase them?

I do quote some words, and sentences in my final paper because they supported my opinion.



4. What revisions have you made compared to your annotations? What drives you to make revisions? Do you polish your language and pay attention to cohesion and coherence in your final paper?

I made some revisions by referring to the comments I received from peer working.



5. What perspectives have you changed compared to your issue paper? Did you add your peer's opinions? Why or why not?

I tried to change my position from the scientific aspect to the cultural aspect. However, I decide not to do so because all the information I've found support the previous position.

沒有留言: